Preparing for Your Puppy at Tierrasanta Veterinary Hospital
The addition of a new fur baby to your home can be exciting! Fur babies are precious, sweet family members that will delight you and love you for years to come. Learn how to start your relationship out right by getting your home ready for your new arrival.
The Ride Home
Puppies are fragile and can be scared easily. Make sure to take a travel kennel or cage that can be secured in the vehicle to transport your puppy home. The kennel will help the puppy feel safe while safeguarding it in the event of an accident.
Puppy Proof Your Home
Puppies are busy and curious. Exploring can be a fun and educational exercise that helps them learn their environment but it can also be dangerous.
- Seal or put up dangerous chemicals such as bleach, antifreeze, and pesticides. Alternately, make sure insulation and other building materials are out of reach.
- Find a place for the trash that the puppy can't reach. Food wraps like discarded tin foil and plastic wrap can cut the puppy's insides or cause intestinal problems.
- Keep tobacco, pet medications, and human medications out of reach.
- Research the plants in your home to make sure they aren't toxic. You may also call a Tierrasanta vet to find out if the office provides a list of toxic plants.
- Keep sharp objects like sewing needles and knife collections away from your fur baby.
Find Our Veterinarian in San Diego
Whether this is your first puppy or you've recently moved and need to find a veterinarian in the San Diego area, the Tierrasanta Veterinary Hospital is a perfect match for your new puppy. As a licensed, professional facility, we provide routine and emergency care, spanning everything from parasite prevention to surgery. Bring your new family member to see us to keep it healthy for years to come.
Visit our facility at 10799 Tierrasanta Blvd in San Diego, California, 92124. You may call us at (858) 292-6116 to make an appointment or visit us online to meet our staff. We are a trusted San Diego veterinarian's office that would love to make you a part of our family.